Start 2014 Write

Thursday, January 9, 2014


I'm such a fan of writing REAL letters. There's nothing quite like getting a personal letter in the mail. That's been one thing I've loved about being a book blogger. The world is full of fellow letter lovers and over the past 4 years I've received some wonderful mail from other bloggers. 

So this venture, headed up by The Estella Society and Kailana from The Written World 
is right up my alley.

-You may send letters, postcards, or greeting cards, but you should write a significant, thoughtful message meant to brighten someone’s day. This may require you to poke around on their blog and get to know them better.
- Sign-ups end January 20
- Receive your assigned recipients by January 27
-You have the entire month of February to send your letters, postcards, cards, etc. All correspondence should be in the mail no later than February 28, 2014. 

You can find the complete details and sign up at The Estella Society or The Written World.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the shout out! This is going to be so much fun!

Kailana said...

I am glad people are excited about this idea. :)

Andi said...

THANK YOU for spreading the word! I'm so glad you're joining us.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks for hosting it! Such a great idea guys!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm looking forward to this as well. In 1990 when I moved from Canada to Dallas I had many many penpals (including my dear 3rd grade teacher who wrote back to me for years) but with email and the internet I've lost the art. I made it a goal to write more letters in 2013 but didn't accomplish it. I really want to get into the habit again--it seems like such a nice quiet afternoon activity.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Trish - Are you Canadian? And yes, pen pals were the best!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Half. I was born in Utah but moved to Canada when I was 2. My dad is from Toronto.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Trish - I didn't know that! That's awesome!