R.I.P. Challenge - Complete!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011


I completed the Peril the First and finished the following books...

The Woman in Black by Susan Hill

We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

More Early Horror Works by H.P. Lovecraft

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness

That's about the order in which I enjoyed them as well, with my favorites at the top. A huge thanks to Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings for hosting the R.I.P. Challenge. This was so much fun and I can't wait to participate again next year!

7 comments:

Care said...

I read two RIP-worthy books this year after failing to complete the challenge in 2010. It IS a fun one - you read many books I want to read.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Care - I quickly discovered that I had tons of books of my TBR list that would work for this challenge. It was perfect!

B said...

Great job on seven titles! I'd really like to read some H.P. Lovecraft next year, along with We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Nice choices!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You did great! I love this challenge and planned to read 4, but managed 5 so i was pleased.

We just got our internet back today after Saturday's storm, so I am thrilled I can visit your blog again.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Brenna - I definitely need to read more Lovecraft next year.

Diane - I'm glad you're back and that you made it through the storms!

Carl V. Anderson said...

You chose some really good books, ones I've either loved myself or ones I've heard mountains of praise for. Well done!

Thank you so much for taking part this year and kudos to your for what you got read. I do hope you join us again next year.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Carl V. - I would love to participate again next year. It was so much fun! Thanks for hosting.